- To provide quality, tailored Psychological Therapy; Business Coaching and Training
- To provide ethical and consistent services
- To be known for in-depth knowledge in the service areas
- To provide timely and efficient services
Dr Penelope Smith-Lee Chong
Dr Penelope Smith-Lee Chong is Managing Director and Chief Psychologist of Sileo Psychology. She is a fully qualified Chartered and HCPC Registered Counselling and Occupational Psychologist, Coaching Psychologist, Supervisor and has been an independent Chartered Psychologist since 2003. She holds a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, an MSc in Industrial Psychology and a BSc (Hons) in Psychology.
As an EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner and trauma specialist Penny helps individuals regain their lives after being impacted upon by trauma, stress, anxiety, depression or injury. She uses mainly EMDR, AF-EMDR (attachment-focused EMDR), Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (trauma and attachment-based trauma trained) and ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy). She gained experience working in the NHS – Adult (severe and enduring mental health), in CAMHS with teenagers/young adults addressing issues such as depression, anxiety, self-harm, obsessive compulsive disorder, border-line personality disorder, trauma and eating disorders and also with a charity with military veterans diagnosed with PTSD.
Penny is also an Occupational (organisational) and Coaching Psychologist with a post-graduate certificate in Business and Executive coaching and possesses over 25 years business experience in private and public sectors in industries which include NHS, universities, government, pharmaceutical, food manufacturing, finance and IT.
Some personal words from Penny:
I strongly believe in providing my clients with the best possible quality care by tailoring therapies and formulation to suit each individual (as one therapy does not suit all) and also having a smaller client caseload means that you will receive specialist care.
With organisations and employees I adopt a similar approach of care and respect for the individual ensuring that a good ‘fit’ between employee and organisation. I have been praised for my ethical nature and delivery times.
My interest (research and practical) is in ‘post-traumatic growth’ (growth after trauma). I have also published in the area of bullying in the workplace.
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, University of Wolverhampton
- Postgrad Cert. in Business and Executive Coaching, Leeds Metropolitan University (EMCC accredited at Senior Practitioner Level), 2008
- MSc. in Industrial/Organisational Psychology, The University of Hull 2000
- BSc. (Hons.) Psychology (Upper Second), The Open University, 1997
- B.A. Economics and Sociology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, 1986
- EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner
- Chartered psychologist (CPsychol)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Counselling and Occupational Psychologist
- Coaching Psychologist
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- Chartered Scientist (CSci)
- Professional Member Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACT)
- AXA PPP; BUPA; Bupa Global, WPA; CIGNA Recognised Psychologist.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Training for Developmental issues: Emotional Processing, Meaning Making, and Attachment Repair. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Colorado, U.S.A (March 2019 – May 2020)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Trauma: Affect Dysregulation, Survival Responses and Trauma MemorySensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Colorado, U.S.A (June 2018 – February 2019)
- Rational-Emotive & Cognitive-Behavioral Theory and Techniques; University of Birmingham on behalf of Albert Ellis Institute; Primary 2010; Advanced 2012
- A list of publications is available on request